Description of location
The Nina Residence is located in Tragaki, a picturesque mountain village at an altitude of 146 m above sea level, about 2 km from the tourist resort of Tsilivi.
The beautiful village with its narrow streets still retains several traditional residences which show what it would have looked like before the earthquakes of 1953.
"Embraced" by endless olive groves, it enjoys magnificent views of the Ionian Sea, offering the perfect holiday landscape; a tranquil, naturally beautiful setting. It is located very close to the sandy beach of Katragaki [sand, pebble], the blue-flag beach of Amboula and the equally beautiful beaches of Gaidaros, Drosia, Bouka and Akrotiri, with crystal clear waters. The most important attraction in Tragaki is the historic church of Panagia Dermatas or Dermatoussa Monastery, where, according to a legend, the miraculous icon of the Virgin Mary was found on a tree wrapped with a piece of leather, from which the Monastery gets its name (Derma is Greek for leather or skin).
- Tragaki: 3 minutes [1.3 km]
- Zakynthos town: 18 minutes [9 km]
- “Dionysios Solomos” Zakynthos International Airport: 23 minutes [13 km]
- Port of Zakynthos: 18 minutes[9.3 km]
- Bochali: 15 minutes [8.4 km]
- Ammoudi: 19 minutes [9.3 km]
- Alikanas: 18 minutes [11 km]
- Argassi: 24 minutes [13 km]
- Laganas: 26 minutes [15.2 km]
- Kiliomenos: 33 λεπτά [20 km]
- Agios Sostis: 31 minutes [17.5 km]
- Keri beach: 37 minutes [23 km]
- Vasilikos: 40 minutes [23.7 km]
- Volimes: 44 minutes [28,8 km]
- Shipwreck beach: 49 minutes [31 km]
- Porto Vromi: 50 minutes [32 km]
Zakynthos is the third largest of the Ionian Islands, accessible from Kyllini on the Peloponnese, about 9.5 nautical miles (approximately 1 hour by ferry) away. This verdant «Fior di Levante» is the ultimate holiday destination as it combines culture, historical tradition, natural beauty, excellent food and many opportunities for countryside or seaside excursions.
The island’s coastline varies, with the western coastline [about 34 km in length] being rocky and steep, with spectacular caves, inlets and small bays, and the eastern coastline [37 km in length] adorned by beautiful beaches with sand or pebble and crystal clear waters ideal for diving.
While exploring this natural paradise, you will come across rare ecological treasures such as the National Marine Park of Zakynthos, the Caretta caretta birth site beaches and the Mediterranean Monk Seal biotope, unique sea caves such as the Blue Caves, important historical monasteries and -of course- many picturesque villages [Ano Gerakari, Alykes, Skoulikado, Agia Marina, Macherado, Lithakia, Agalias, Keri, Kiliomenos].